We can understand the reasons behind why you would want to delete your Skype account. So we thought of helping you out by answering your question that says “How to delete skype account?”. Well deleting a Skype account is not a straight forward answer, you have to cancel your subscriptions at first if you have any. Also, you need to delete your payment details, unlink the Skype account with your Microsoft account and how to get back the remaining credit that you have on your Skype account. Well if these are the questions that you have in your head then read on.
As you read further in this article, we will be mentioning all the steps that you have to follow to delete your Skype account. So let’s just head into the topic without wasting much of the time:
How to delete skype account – Easy steps explained:
Unlink Skype from your Microsoft Account:
There are quite a lot of people who have signed up on Microsoft just to use the Skype and do not care about other Microsoft products. Such as Xbox Live, Email, One drive and so on. Well if that is the case for you then you do not have to care about unlinking both of the accounts. But if you want to use Outlook.com or other Microsoft products but you wish not to continue with your Skype account. Then you have to unlink your Skype account with your Microsoft account. As if you choose to delete the account, then Skype account along with your Microsoft account will get deleted and that is something you do not want. So how to do unlink both of the accounts? Well to unlink both of the accounts here are all the steps that you need to follow:
- First of all, use a web browser to access Skype.com and sign in using your Microsoft credentials.
- Once you are done signing in, Go to the account settings.
- Over here you will get to see an “Unlink” option. Click on it and then confirm your action and you are done.
However, if you see not linked instead of the “Unlink” option. Then it simply means that your Skype account is not linked to your Microsoft account and you are good to go.
So now that you are done unlinking both of the accounts. It is time to cancel the subscriptions that you have associated with your Skype account. So here are the steps that you have to follow:
How to cancel Skype Subscriptions:
- First of all, go to the Skype.com and sign in if you have not.
- Now from the left menu click on the view all subscription option.
- Now if you have any Skype subscription, then you will get to see them over here.
- If you do have any subscription then click on it.
- Now tap on Cancel Subscription option.
- Now to confirm your action you have to click on the “Thanks but no thanks, I still want to cancel” option. Once done you are all set to process further.
Now that you have cancelled the subscriptions, the next step is to cancel the skype number of yours. So how can you do that? Well here are the steps that you need to follow to delete it:
How to cancel Skype Number:
You can not delete your Skype number permanently until it gets expired. Even after getting expired the number will be registered on your number for the next 90 days so you can renew it again. However, you can cancel it anytime. To cancel the skype here are the steps that you have to follow:
- First of all click on the Manage feature option.
- Then click on the Skype Number option.
- After that hit the “Cancel Skype Number” option, and you are done.
Now just in case if you have auto recharge option enabled. Then you better close it before closing your account. So in order to disable it, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- First of all, go to the Account Details.
- Then click on Billing & Payments.
- After that click on Auto recharge.
- Now here you will get to see the disable option. Simple click on it and you are good to go.
So that was all the steps that you have to follow before deleting your Skype account. Now let’s just talk about how you can delete your Skype account:
Also Read: Top 5 Best News Apps for iPhone Users
How to delete skype account:
Well before you go ahead and delete skype account you should know that once you delete your account you can not get it back. Also, you should make sure you are taking backup of the important things. So once you are done backing up, here are the steps that you have to follow:
- At first sign into your Skype account.
- Now you have to go the account closure page by following this link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=523898
- Now over here you have to enter your Microsoft email address and password.
- Now from the select reason option, you have to choose a reason why you would like to delete your account.
- Now simply select Mark account for closure.
That is it, now your account will be closed in 30 days. As Microsoft waits at least 30 days before permanently deleting accounts. So just in case if you change your mind or wish to continue the account again before its gone. You can get it back by signing up.
So that was the answer to your question which says “How to delete skype account?”. However before you go ahead make sure you have cancelled subscriptions, disabled auto recharges. Anyway if you have any further questions related to this topic, then do comment below and we will surely help you out.