Did you forgot iPhone passcode and now not sure what you should do next? If your answer is yes, then I am here to help you out. There is no doubt that it is a pretty frustrating thing when your phone gets locked out, And you have no access to it. However, the good part is that there is a workaround that you can use to bypass your iPhone passcode.
And in this article, I am going to talk about different steps that you can do to recover your iPhone Passcode. Sounds cool? So let’s just head into the topic without wasting much of the time:
Forgot iPhone Passcode?
Method 1: Restore via iCloud
If you have the Find, My iPhone option enabled on your iPhone or iPad. Then you can easily erase the device via a web browser.
This will delete all the data from your device. But the good part is that you can always restore your phone back to normal using the iCloud backup after the rest.
And to get started with this, you will need to follow these steps:
- At first, you will have to go to comfrom a web browser.
- Next, you will need to log in with your Apple ID.
- After that, click on Find iPhone.
- Simply look for your iPhone on the map and click on it.
- Next, click on the “Erase iPhone” option.
- This will start the factory reset option on your iPhone. Once you are done with the steps, simply setup your account once again and restore the iCloud backup, and you are all done.
Method 2: Restore via iTunes
In case, if you do not have the Find My iPhone enabled on your device. Then you can simply use the iTunes for the job.
So to get started with this method, you will first need to put your iPhone or iPad into the recovery mode.
1) If you are using iPhone X or later, and iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, then you will need to press and hold the Side button and one of the volume buttons until the power off slider appears. Next, you have to drag the slider to turn off and connect to your computer while holding the side button. Also, you will need to keep holding the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
2) In case if you are using iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch 7th generation. Then you will need to power off your device at first. Next, you have to connect to your computer while holding the Volume down button. Keep holding the Volume down button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
3) Lastly, if you are using an iPhone 6s or earlier, iPod touch 6th generation or earlier, or iPad with Home button. Then you will need to power off your device and connect it to a computer while holding the Home button. Also, you have to keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
Once you are done doing that, iTunes will tell you that there is a problem with your iPhone, and it requires to be updated or restored. And whenever you see this prompt, simply hit the restore button, and iTunes will erase all content and settings.
Also, once you boot your device back, you will have to go through the iOS setup process, and either set up the device as new, or you can restore a backup from the iCloud. And in both of the scenarios, you will be able to set up a new password.
After following all the above steps, you will land to an Activation Lock website. And over here, you will be required to enter your Apple ID, and after that, you will have to follow all the screen instructions, and you will be able to set up a new passcode.
Method 3: Reset Locked iPhone Passcode with Recovery Mode
If you have never synced your iPhone with iTunes. Or if you have not enabled Find my iPhone on your device either. Then the last thing that you can try out is the recovery mode. And this method is definitely going to work out for you.
However, you should know that it will erase all of your data from your device. Hence, it is not an ideal solution. And you should only try this method when nothing is working out for you.
Anyway, here are the steps that you have to follow to recover your iPhone passcode using the recovery mode:
1) First of all, you will need to disconnect all the cables from your iPhone and turn it off.
2) After that, press and hold the home button as you connect your iPhone to iTunes. And in case if your iPhone does not automatically turn on. You have to do it manually.
3) Next, you will need to keep holding down the home button until you get to see the ‘Connect to iTunes’ screen. A message will appear that iTunes has detected a device in recovery mode.
4) Now you will need to click on OK, and the Summary Tab in iTunes will appear. You can now click on “Restore iPhone” to start restoring your iPhone.
Also, do remember the fact that it will erase all of your data from your phone, including the passcode from your iPhone. And set all the things to factory defaults. After that, you can set up your device once again and set up a new passcode.
Also View: How to create Apple ID on your iPhone
Wrapup on Forgot iPhone Passcode
So that was the answer to your Forgot iPhone Passcode question. Now go ahead and check the steps out and see how it is working for you. In case if nothing works out for you, then you can contact Apple Support or go to Apple Store. Anyway, if you have any more questions to ask, then do feel free to comment below. And I will surely help you out with your query.