If you are using iOS devices, then you are using several Apple services which include app store, Apple music, iTunes store, and iCloud. To use these services, you need to have an Apple ID in your iOS device. In most of the cases, we tend to forget the login credentials of our Apple ID. In case you are facing a similar situation, then you don’t need to worry about it. There are several methods available for you to take which can reset your Apple ID. you cannot get your present password of your Apple ID using any of those methods, so you need to completely visit your iOS device in order to clear out the Apple ID.
- Reset Password using Apple ID Account Page:
Use this following procedure for resetting your password using Apple ID account. Read the instructions carefully before using this procedure.
- Open any web browser in your device and go to appleid.apple.com.
- Now after the website opens up click on the forget Apple ID and password option.
- Now you will get the option to reset your password, you can either use email Id or you can answer the security questions. The choice is depending on you.
- If you choose the email address method then, Apple will send instructions on your email address in order to complete the process. In case you are unable to get the email on your email ID, you can check your spam, trash on junk folder.
- Now open the email and follow the instructions available in the email address in order to reset your Apple ID.
- In Case you forget your Security Questions Answers:
- Open any internet browser in your device and go to iforgot.apple.com.
- After the website opens up you need to enter the Apple ID.
- Now select the I need to reset my security questions option and click on the continue button.
- Now you need to enter the password and click on the continue button.
- Now you can select the new security questions and answers for your Apple ID.
- Resetting Password using Two Factor Authentication:
If you have already enabled the two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then it will be easier to reset the password using any trusted iOS device.
USING iOS DEVICE
- Go to your iOS device settings and click on your name.
- Now you need to go to the change password option.
- You need to enter the passcode in order to reset your password. The passcode will automatically get into your trusted iOS device.
- Now enter the passcode and you need to create your new password in order to complete the process
USING THE APPLE ID ACCOUNT PAGE
- You need to open an internet browser and enter this following URL on your address bar, iforgot.apple.com.
- Now you need to enter the trusted phone number which you have submitted while enabling the two-factor authentication.
- After you have provided the trusted phone number you need to click on the continue button to continue.
- Now a notification will be sent to your trusted iOS device.
- Once you receive the notification on your trusted iOS device, you need to tap on the allow button in order to continue with the process.
- Now you need to provide the passcode and you will be able to reset your Apple ID password. The passcode will be sent to your trusted iOS device which needed to be entered before resetting your password.
- If you not having the trusted device with you, then clearing out the two-factor authentication will take several days of verification to reset your Apple ID password.
Wrapping Things Up:
If you are facing similar issues of forgotten Apple ID and password when it is one of the difficult times for every iOS devices. But don’t worry we have got you covered, we have provided you with the procedure for resetting your Apple ID and password in your iOS devices. We have listed down the procedure in this article for you to use in your iOS devices. Share this informative article with other iOS device users, so that they get to use this method in their iOS devices.