In case you are wondering how hard is to turn off any smartphone device, then you should know that iPhone XS Max, XS, and iPhone XR requires a combination of buttons for turning off the device. You cannot turn on and off your iOS device by using the power button. Before we get started you need to know that, restarting your device and force restarting is device are two different procedure.
Force restarting is also known as hard reset which can wipe out all the data present in your device. Restarting the device can be done by using normal procedure, and it can help you fix various bug issues such as device freezing. But in this article, we will talk about how to turn off the iOS devices. All new iPhone line-up of 2018 is having bezel-less display along with no home button, and the procedure for has changed for turning on and off of the device apart from other devices.
Guide for Turning Off iPhone XS Max, XS, and iPhone XR:
Apple has now changed the procedure for turning off iPhone XS Max, XS, and iPhone XR. As Apple has introduced various usage of the side button which includes, Apple pay, activating SOS mode, starting Siri. So, they have changed the immediate procedure for these above-mentioned devices. We have the complete guidelines for turning off iPhone XS Max, XS, and iPhone XR this article for you. Read the instructions carefully before using this procedure for turning off the devices.
- The first thing you need to do is to press and hold the side button along with any of the volume buttons. Note that you can either press and hold the volume up or even the volume down button, it will not matter which volume button you press and hold.
- Press and hold those buttons until you get to see the slide to power off slider on your iOS screen. the power slider will look like similar power sliders which were present in all the old version of the iOS devices.
- Next thing you need to do is to drag the slider to the other end in order to turn off your iOS device.
- Wait for few seconds and your iOS device will get turned off. This is the initial method for turning off your new iOS devices.
- Now in order to turn on your iOS device, you need to press and hold the side button till you get to see the Apple logo on your iPhone screen.
Guide for Turning on and Off by Secondary Method on iPhone XS Max, XS, and iPhone XR:
In case you want to you turn your dark mode off, you can use these following guidelines provided below to do so in your iPhone XS Max, XS, and iPhone XR. Read instructions carefully before applying these changes in your above-mentioned iOS devices.
- First, you need to locate the settings icon and tap on it to launch the settings application on your iOS device. The settings icon on the iPhone looks like a gear icon which can be found on the app list of the iOS devices.
- Once the iOS settings page opens up, tap on the general option which can be found on the top of the settings page list.
- After the general page opens up, scroll down to locate the shutdown option.
- After you have found the shutdown option, tap on it.
- Now your iOS device will get turned off by this procedure, this is the secondary procedure for turning off your new iOS devices.
- Next, if you want to turn on your iOS device, you can press and hold the side button to turn on above-mentioned iOS devices.
Apple has introduced the all-new line-up of its iOS devices, and eventually, Apple has changed a few of the procedure and things in their devices. In any case, you are having iPhone XS Max, XS and iPhone XR then you have noticed that the rebooting process of the iOS device has changed from the previous versions. You are the iOS devices are still confused about turning on and off the device.
We have gathered complete information from the Apple community as well as from various and new iPhone users and posted the complete information in this article for you. We have provided you with two separate procedure for turning your new Apple device off and on, choose the appropriate procedure for yourself and use this procedure for turning your device on and off.
Share this informative article with other iOS device users, so that they get to know about the procedure for turning on and off their iOS devices by referring to this article.