Do you want to setup iCloud on Windows? Well, Being an iPhone user, have you felt the necessity of accessing iCloud storage from your PC which runs on the Windows operating? If the answer is positive and you already failed to gain that access to iCloud storage from your Windows-powered PC, you have surely landed on the right page to get the easiest solution for this issue.
The entire syncing process of the iCloud on Windows PC is damn easy. You need to follow few steps one by one according to our guidelines to do the same. Installing the specialized software, ‘iCloud for Windows’ is the only way to resolve this issue. Let’s check out the detailed steps in the following:
Downloading & Installing iCloud on Windows 10
- At first, you have to visit the particular webpage of ‘iCloud for Windows’ to download the iCloud on windows PC. This software will let you enable to synchronize data like photo, music, documents, calendar files, mails etc. from your iCloud storage to your windows PC.
- Click on the Download icon to start the downloading process of the iCloud client. As soon as the downloading gets completed, it’s time to open the iCloudsetup.exe file. This will guide to you make proper set up of iCloud on windows PC.
- Before proceeding with the installation process, you must have to abide by the terms and conditions of the respective software developing authority.
- After clicking on the check box of t&c, click on the Install button and wait for the successful completion of the installation process.
- To complete the installation process, click on the ‘Finish’ icon which will appear on the display
Now, you have successfully completed the downloading as well as installation process of iCloudsetup.exe. It’s time to proceed further.
- Just after successful completion of the installation process, you will see the pop up asking you to restart the system for making necessary changes to take effect.
- Just click on the ‘Yes’ icon to restart the system at that moment and wait for the completion of the entire warm booting process.
Now it’s time to go ahead with the setting up process for the newly installed iCloud for Windows.
Image Source : Apple Support
Setting up iCloud for Windows 10 to synchronize :
- As the very first step, double click on the icon of the iCloud for PC to start the application.
- Now you will be asked to log in to your apple account.
- Just enter the correct credentials of your Apple account and click on the ‘Sign in’ button to get access to the Apple account on the Windows platform.
- At that point of take, you will asked that whether you want to send usage as well as diagnostic information to Apple or not. Choosing any specific option is not mandatory. You may select anything between ‘Automatically send’ or ‘Don’t send’ to move forward.
Now, it’s all done. You have successfully signed into the iCloud on Windows PC. You will able to see the entire stored data category wise i.e. photos, bookmarks, mails, reminders etc. on the iCloud for Windows 10.
As of now, your task will be configuring files present on the iCloud category-wise to start the synchronizing process.
Configuring photos present on iCloud for PC
- Configuring the image files stored in the iCloud for Windows is pretty simple. As soon as logging into the iCloud client, you will see the detailed information regarding the photos saved on cloud storage. This will helps you to assess the required storage to save to photos from the iCloud to the local disk.
- You will get the option for modifying the images according to your necessity.
- As the first step, you have to click on the ‘options’ button present on the right hand side of the Photo icon present on iCloud client.
- Here, you may alter the storage location on the PC which will be used by the iCloud client to store the synced photos.
- For changing the same, just click on the ‘Change’ button present beside ‘Download new photos and videos to my PC’ section.
Configuring bookmarks present on iCloud for Windows 10
- The ‘change’ button present just on the right side of the bookmark option needs to be clicked to get the desired menus for changing the configuration.
- Now, it’s time to select the desired PC browsers from the appeared menu on the display.
- The iCloud for Windows 10 will only share the stored bookmarks to the selected browsers on the Windows PC.
- The individual syncing process for each browser is different one. Here I’m going to guide you to sync bookmarks with Google Chrome.
- Upon selecting the desired browser as Google Chrome, you will be required to install the dedicated bookmark extension for the Chrome i.e. iCloud bookmark extension.
- The options to manage the sending of the usage as well as diagnostic information to the respective authority will be available after clicking on the ‘Account details’ option that is present on the main screen.
Configuring calendars, reminders, notes etc
- Being an integrated application for all kind of monitoring of iCloud, it will enable to you to modify these stuffs also.
- Keep in mind that just after performing any kind of alteration for a particular kind of data, if you want to alter any other types of data re-logging in is needed by entering valid credentials to secure you any kind of cyber threat.
It’s done. These are all the necessary information to proceed with installation process of iCloud on Windows. After reading the entire blog, are you still confused? Just be relaxed and follow the steps one after another carefully, You will be surely able to sync the entire iCloud on Windows PC without facing any kind of troubles. Still getting stuck while performing the process? No worries! Just leave a comment about the particular problem which you are facing. We will help you out to get that issue sorted. So why are you waiting? Go for it right now!