The iMessage waiting for activation is the most common error that we get to see on the iPhones. There are several issues that cause the iMessage Activation Error. Such as there is an issue with your internet connection, or there are some bugs which preventing iMessage to work properly.
So the question is How to Solve iMessage waiting for activation Error? Well if you too have this question in your head. Then we are here to help you out.
As you read further in this article, we will be sharing a couple of troubleshooting ways which will help you to solve the iMessage Activation Error.
However, before that, there are a couple of things you should keep in mind. Well according to Apple, iMessage can take up to 24 hours to get activated. So just in case if you are seeing the error for the last couple of minutes. Then it is better not to worry about it yet.
However, if it is quite long, then there is no wrong in applying some fixes. Even if you do receive a message saying iMessage (or Face time) waiting for activation. Then you can still go ahead and apply the fixes. But before you go ahead try to sign out of iCloud and sing in again. In most of the cases, this does fix the issue. However, if it does not, then here are a couple of fixes that you can apply:
How to Solve iMessage waiting for activation Error?
Well, now let’s just talk about some of the fixes. However, before that, you need to make a sure a couple of things. These things are the:
- Make sure your iOS is up to date.
- Make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi or to a strong internet connection.
- Make sure Date & Time is correct.
Once you have made sure that these things are correct. You are all set to go ahead with the fixes. So here we go:
There is a high chance that the Airplane Mode can fix the iMessage not activating error. So all you have to do is turn on the airplane mode and turn it off. Simply follow these steps and you will be good to go:
- At first Open Settings
- Tap on Messages.
- Then toggle off the iMessage.
- Now go back to the settings menu and scroll up.
- Then enter into the Airplane mode.
- Toggle on the Airplane mode, by doing this; the Wi-fi will get switched off.
- So you have to switch on the Wifi.
- Now go back to the Messages again.
- Toggle on the iMessage.
- Go back to the Airplane mode again.
- Then turn off the Airplane mode.
- Then you will get to see a popup message that says “Your carrier may charge for SMS” simply tap on Ok.
- Now wait for a while, and the iMessage should get activated.
This will help you get rid of iMessage waiting for activation error, If it does not, there are a few more fixes that can be applied. The next troubleshooting step is to use the Apple ID. So here we go:
Apple ID singing out and In:
- At first, go to the settings app.
- Then select Messages.
- Tap on Send & Receive.
- Then tap on your Apple ID and tap the Sign Out button.
- Then you have to Toggle off iMessage.
- After that, you have to visit the Wi-fi settings and turn off the wi-fi.
- Now wait for a few minutes.
- Then go ahead and turn on the iMessage toggle.
- Tap on send and receive button.
- Then use your Apple ID for iMessage.
- Enter your Apple ID information.
- Tap Sign In.
This will hopefully fix the issue. If it does not then you can try to reset your iMessage. Well here are all the steps that you need to follow:
iMessage Reset to Solve iMessage waiting for activation
- Go to the settings.
- Then tap on Messages.
- Toggle off iMessage.
- Restart your iPhone by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button on your iPhone.
- Then swipe right when your screen says, Slide to Power Off.
- Once your iPhone has turned on again.
- Go to the settings page again.
- Tap on the Messages option.
- Here you have to turn on the iMessage toggle.
If the iMessage Activation Error still persists. Then the last step that you can do is resting the network settings. So here are all the steps that you need to follow to reset the network setting:
Reset Network Settings:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the setting page and tap on Reset.
- Tap on Reset Network settings.
- Enter your passcode and you are done.
So those were the top troubleshooting steps to fix the iMessage not activating issue. Go ahead and try out these steps and see which one is working for you. However, if the iMessage Activation Error still exists. Then here are the steps that you can follow:
The iMessage Activation Error still exists, what to do?
Well if you are still encountering with the iMessage Activation issue. Then you better wait for at least 24 hours and then try to activate the app. In most of the cases, the iMessage starts working after 24 hours.
But even after waiting for 24 hours you still see the issue. Then you can take a backup of your iPhone using iTunes and reset the device. This step can also fix the issue in most of the cases.
However, if you still get to see the iMessage Activation Error message. Then there is something wrong with your cellular carrier service. In this case, you have to contact the support of cellular carrier service, and they will fix it the problem from their end.
So that was all for the question which says “How to Solve iMessage waiting for activation Error?”. If you have any more questions to ask, then do comment below, and we will surely help you out with your query.