Wondering How to Share Wifi Password from Mac to iPhone? If your answer is yes, then I am here to help you out. Back in the time, when Apple did launch its iOS 11 version, Apple also introduced a new feature called share your Wifi. And this feature allows you to share the password of your wifi network with other iOS or Apple devices. This means you can now share wifi password from your Mac to iPhone and vice versa.
However, there are still quite a lot of people who are not aware of this feature and not sure how to use it. And in case if you belong to the same category, then let me just go ahead answer the How to Share Wifi Password from Mac to iPhone.
So let’s just head into the topic without wasting much of the time:
Things to consider before you share wifi password from Mac to iPhone:
Before you go ahead and start sharing wifi passwords from Mac to iPhone, there are a few requirements that need to be met. And these following requirements are the:
- Make sure on both of the devices, wifi and Bluetooth are enabled. Also, you make sure that the personal access point is turned off.
- Your Mac and iPhone should be nearby, and it should be in the Bluetooth and Wifi range.
- You must save your Apple ID to contacts the app on the other device.
- You should also know that this password sharing feature only works with macOS High Sierra or later. And for iPhone, your device must run on iOS 11 or later.
- Make sure both of the devices have the Apple ID under the email section of contacts. And in case if both of the devices using the same Apple ID, it is easier.
And I believe that all these requirements are already meeting in your case. If this is the case, then you should go ahead and start following these below steps:
How to Share Wifi Password from Mac to iPhone?
Before you go ahead and start following the below steps, you will need to make sure that your Mac is connected with an Ethernet connection or a wire connection. And it should not use a wireless connection or wifi. If you already have this, then go ahead and follow these steps:
- First of all, you will need to open system preference and select share.
- Now click on the box next to internet sharing.
- Next, you have to select Ethernet.
- After that, you will need to choose next to for computers using.
- Now, simply tap on the wifi options, and it will give you the option to choose a password so that strangers cannot use the wifi. Also, make sure that the password is at least eight characters long.
- Now, next to the Security, choose WPA2 Personal, then enter and verify your password.
- Now click on the box next to internet sharing.
- Make sure you want to turn on the Internet sharing by clicking on start.
- You have now created a wifi hotspot using your Mac.
- Now from your iPhone or iPad, you will need to go to settings. Then open the wifi and select the network that you have just created.
- Simply enter the password that you have entered earlier. And you will get connected to the Mac Hotspot.
- Also, if you wish to add a second Mac to your wifi hotspot, then simply tap on the wifi icon at the top of the screen and select the name of the wifi hotspot you want to join.
- Now enter the password for your wifi network, and you will be able to start using the internet.
Also View: How to share WiFi password on iPhone
How to share Wifi password from Mac to iPhone using Bluetooth?
You can also use Bluetooth to share Wifi passwords from Mac to iPhone. Wifi might not be compatible with many devices. Hence, it would be a good idea to use a Bluetooth connection instead of Wifi.
However, the only drawback that it has, connecting devices over a Bluetooth connection, takes a lot of time. But it is still a pretty good method to try out. And to get started with this, you will need to follow these steps:
- First of all, you have to enable Bluetooth on your Mac.
- Next, from your device, go to settings and then Bluetooth. And from here, turn on the Bluetooth feature.
- Next, go to Settings> Mobile data or cellular data and click on the personal hotspot.
- Now, you will need to pair the iPhone with your Mac. So open up Bluetooth pane from the System Preference then scroll down until you get to see your iPhone. And then, click on the connect button.
- Next, you will find that a Bluetooth icon is appearing on both of the devices. Simply click Pair on iPhone to pair the devices. Then you will have to enter a code shown on your computer screen.
- And by now, you should see a Bluetooth icon at the top right of your iPhone screen. This means that both of the devices are connected to each other.
- Now from your iPhone, you will have to go to the Wifi network and find the Mac you would like to connect to.
- Then you will see the option to join your personal hotspot. Simply click on the Join button to do so.
- Finally, enter the password and you are done connecting to the Wifi network.
Also View: How To Reset Apple Id Password
So that was the answer to your question that says How to Share Wifi Password from Mac to iPhone. Now go ahead and check out these steps and see how it is working for you. Also, if you have any more questions to ask me regarding this topic. Then do feel free to leave a comment below, and I will surely help you out with your query.